As the dust settles from an awesome first 2016 Water for Workers (read about it HERE) we're already hard at work making sure our next adventure in June is even better. Below is everything you need to know about our pre-Ramadan special.
First things first - the June details:
Saturday // 4th June // 10am // Collegiate American School
Umm Suqiem 2 - Here is a MAP
AND WHAT NOW?
- If you've never registered for Water for Workers before then you can do so HERE.
- If you have already registered for a previous Water for Workers then you're all good to just turn up on Saturday 4th June.
AND If you haven't joined us for Water for Workers before then here are some details and frequently asked questions:
// WHAT DO I DO?
- You come in your own transport* to Collegiate American School at 10am.
- We run you through the process (if you've never participated before.)
- You choose an area of Dubai you would like to cover from our HUGE list.
- You take some boxes of water & facecloths and head on your way to have some HOT.SWEATY.FUN!
*If you don't have your own transport there are often spaces in others cars for you to join in the goodness, but it's up to you to find them. (You make new friends!)
// DO I NEED TO REGISTER?
You only need to register if you haven't signed yourself up for Water for Workers before. You can do that HERE.
// WHAT TIME DO WE START ON SATURDAY?
We begin right on 10am, not before, and the water is given out on a 'first in first served' basis. It's usually all gone by 10.45am so try and get to Collegiate American School for 10am.
// WHO DO I GIVE THE WATER TO?
Anyone working outside in the heat - "workers" = labourers, gardeners, service stations attendants, delivery men, drivers etc. Basically if you see someone who looks like they could use a drink, a smile, and a few words, then go for it.
// WHERE DO I GIVE THE WATER OUT?
You choose an area from our list you would like to cover, then it's up to you to get there and give the water out yourself.
// DO I HAVE TO GIVE ALL THE WATER OUT ON SATURDAY?
Nope. You can give the water out in your own time, just don't leave it sitting in your hot car for too long as the water can become toxic.
To get you all hyped up click the image below for our re-cap of May's Water for Workers goodness:
If you've got any questions about Water for Workers then hit is up at home@thesamenessproject.
For updates on the day and just general noise for your eyes follow along on any of the following. you won't regret it (unless you do regret it, then....sorry)